Today is a special Monday, because guess what - it's my birthday! Yes, friends, today, Monday March 7, 2016, I turn 27 years old.
I'm feeling pretty good today. We took an impromptu trip to YYZ (even though I am sick), and I got to spend the weekend with my family and friends, which has been really special. We have plans to move to California this summer, so this is probably the last birthday I will get to spend at home for awhile. It just feels really nice to be here, in this moment, surrounded by so much love.
Each year (for the past few years) around my birthday, I make a list of things I would like to accomplish / do in the coming months. It's a fun way to achieve short term goals, and make sure that I continue to work towards manifesting my vision.
Do you do something similar? I would love to hear about it!
I'm happy to report that upon reviewing my list from last year, I have accomplished, and sometimes even exceeded the majority of my goals. This makes me ecstatic. While I fell short in some areas (I still can't do a handstand), I surpassed my wildest expectations in others (I completed my Yoga Teacher Training rather than just saving up for it). Life is a little funny that way I guess.
Looking back on 26, I can't even believe all that happened. I underwent the grueling process of immigration, and survived, and came out the other side. I covered up a tattoo that stopped making me happy. I got another beautiful tattoo that makes me smile every time I see it. I officially became a resident of the United States of America. I became a yoga teacher. I made friends. I wrote a lot. I took 365 photographs. I was the subject of several photo shoots. I had my work featured by some of my favorite brands. I traveled all over - from remote beaches in Brazil, to Venice Beach in California. I put my toes in the Pacific Ocean for the first time. I even flew first class (by accident)! I learned so much more about who I am, what I want to do, and the world that we live in. I created space. I was able to connect and talk and meet with so many wonderful people.
I know 27 will be full of so much love + hope + fun.
Without further adieu, here is my 27 Before 28 list:
1) Move to Los Angeles, California.
2) Create + organize my own studio space (again).
3) Buy a bicycle and ride it! Note - said bike will be adorable, and teal and have a basket.
4) Practice yoga, every damn day.
5) Eat mindfully. More organic and/or local veggies, fruits and whole grains. Less meat and dairy.
6) Start a skincare regimen.
7) Buy a car.
8) Continue learning to speak Portuguese.
9) Find my voice as a yoga teacher, and run my own classes, on my own terms.
10) Run a mala making workshop.
11) Visit Austin, TX.
12) Continue to find work that challenges and inspires me.
13) Stop drinking soda pop.
14) Make time every day for health, wellness and self-care.
15) Go on a yoga retreat.
16) Sell my prints + shirts + designs online.
17) Build strength and work on building my arm balance practice.
18) Hang more photos in our home.
19) Take another yoga teacher training (kids yoga, yoga for teens, SUP yoga, 300 hour... I'm not sure yet).
20) Turn our bedroom into a relaxing oasis. Make sure everything has it's own space.
21) Write, write, write, write.
22) Fill our home with plants, and somehow manage to keep them alive.
23) Go to Joshua Tree National Park.
24) Buy a SUP board, and take it out on the water (often).
25) See more live music (as in, go to as many shows as I did when I was 19).
26) Do more of what makes me happy, and let go of what does not.
27) Continue to choose love over fear, each and every day.
Peace, love + birthday cake,